Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Top nonfiction reads of 2021

 I already shared with you my top fiction reads of 2021, so here is my top nonfiction reads of the year!  

(If you purchase a book from one of the links I may earn a small commission.)

Top 5 nonfiction reads: 



This book, or it's original adult version, is a MUST READ in my opinion.  EVERYONE should read it.  While it tells the story of specific cases that the author has worked with, it also does a great job giving an overview of the issues of injustice in our justice system.  It is definitely eye-opening for someone who doesn't have a close view of the system.  Please read it! 


This is another great read - targeted at young adults, it is a good one for adults as well.  Frederick Joseph (who I follow on instagram) talks to an audience of white people - on how to not be racist.  In many ways, racism is so subversive and subconscious, people say things or do things that the do not mean to be racist, but they are - this book confronts some of those things and is a good primer on how not to be racist.  I definitely recommend it!


I've read a lot of marriage books written for women and this is one of the best. It doesn't have the "just submit" message, but rather is an encouraging read with practical information backed up by Biblical references.  I took copious notes as I read it - it was that good!  And I have lent it out to a friend to read!  So if you are a married woman who is a Christian I would recommend it!  


I like the whole idea of the love languages, which is also from Gary Chapman, and this book is just about communication in marriage - but it has good application for communication in any relationship.  I like that it has practical information on different levels of communication and how to get better at each level.  This one is also lent out to a friend!  


I just reread this one because I tend to struggle in this area, and I especially wanted to read the chapter on boundaries and children - it all seems to be changing with a child becoming a tween.  If you haven't read this book - you should - it is just a great book on both having and respecting boundaries.  














No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Library Lady Life!

As many of you know, I am a Library Lady and very proud of that fact! This blog has evolved several times over the years as I have g...