Thursday, December 9, 2021

Top Books of 2021 - Fiction edition

 While I haven't gotten to my goal of 50 books in 2021, I'm getting close, and it's about time to give my top reads of the year.  I am going to have to break it into fiction and nonfiction lists because otherwise I wouldn't be able to choose!  So up first, FICTION!

(If you purchase a book from one of the links I may earn a small commission.)

Top 5 fiction reads: 


    This book is amazing, and I think everyone should read it.  It is being made into a movie, and I'm glad about that.  However, I'm not sure I can sit through the movie - nor do I think I could reread this book.  It is heart-wrenching in the best way, and it is very difficult to explain it.  But take my word - read it - BEFORE you see the movie.  And let me know what you think.  



    This book set off a flurry of mystery reads for me.  I love the puzzles and twists and turns in this book - it is the first of a trilogy, and unfortunately I have to wait until next fall for the third book to be published.  So maybe put this on your list for next fall so you can binge read the whole series!



    I wasn't sure what to expect with this book, but it was recommended by a good friend who I trust their book taste.  It did not disappoint!  I read this one in one setting.  It is also the first in a trilogy, but all three are already published (woohoo!!!).  It has magic and mystery, romance, and is so much fun to read!


    This is a sweet book - a little bit historical fiction, a little bit mystery, a little bit adventure, and a whole lot of romance!  If you like any of those things, you will like this book.  It is the start of a trilogy as well, and the third book just came out, so get to reading!  I am reading book three this weekend!  



    This book begins a series of four books that follows a teen detective who wants to solve a century old crime. Because of this the book goes back and forth between the 1930s and present day, giving it a taste of historical fiction as well.  The first 3 books in the series deal with that crime, and the 4th, The Box in the Woods, deals with another cold case murder from 1978.  All 4 books are great!  


What was your top fiction read this year? 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Library Lady Life!

As many of you know, I am a Library Lady and very proud of that fact! This blog has evolved several times over the years as I have g...