(As always, if you purchase a book through one of these links, I may receive a small commission)
And here is the video, with a sound clip from my favorite show, Parks and Rec:
Vampire book: Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
- Not to be confused with the TV series, the Blue Bloods series follows a community of vampires set in New York City. Set in a prestigious private school, it is a fun vampire series to read!
Werewolf book: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (The Wolves of Mercy Falls series)
- A great werewolf trilogy, the Wolves of Mercy Falls is about a girl who has grown up watching the wolves behind her house and suddenly finds herself falling in love with one of those wolves, whose human days may be ending soon.
Monsters: Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)
- The second in the Percy Jackson series of books, this book has Percy and his friends are confronted with fighting more monsters. If you haven't read this series - it is a great middle grades series. And Rick Riordan's other series are also definitely worth checking out!
Zombies: Enclave by Ann Aguirre (Razorland series
- Enclave is the first in a great dystopian series set in a post-apocalyptic New York City. The population, mainly under the age of 20, resides underground and survives by avoiding the tunnel dwellers, or Freaks.
Sorcerers: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling
- No fantasy list is complete without Harry Potter - especially one that includes sorcerers. :)
Beasties: Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
- This series is set in modern day India and follows an prince who is trapped in the body of a tiger. Incorporating a lot of Indian mythology, it is a beautifully written adventure!
Time Traveling: Invictus by Ryan Graudin
- The only book on this list that is NOT a part of a series, Invictus is an AMAZING time traveling story! I love fantasy/science fiction and historical fiction, so books with a time-travel element give me both! I highly recommend this book to just about everyone!
Have you read any of these books?