Tuesday, July 9, 2019

5 things I always take on trips

I love to go on trips, and at this point in our family life, we are mainly going on road trips - the benefit to that is that we aren't nearly as limited to what we can take as we would be if we were flying.  However, these 5 things that I always take on our trips could easily be packed even if flying.  




1.  Disinfectant wipes - Because germs.  If you were flying you could buy a travel pack of these cleaning wipes.  I use them on the remote controls at hotels, bathroom counters, as well as to clean our own germs off of our stroller handles, etc.  I'm not necessarily a germophobe, but it's nice to know I can wipe something clean wherever I am! 

2.  Scissors - Inevitably on vacation you will need scissors - to cut open the packaging on a new souvenir toy, to cut the tags off of new clothes, or for any other reason.  It's quite frustrating to need scissors and not have them, and it's easy to throw a small pair in your suitcase.  Be sure to pack them in your checked luggage if you are flying!

3.  Baby powder - Generally on vacation you are doing a lot of walking, and that can lead to a lot of chafing - baby powder to the rescue!  It is also helpful in getting sand off of you if you happen to be on a beach vacation! 

4.  Baby wipes - We are past the point where we "need" baby wipes for diaper changes.  However, they are great to have in a bag for quick cleanups no matter how old you are!  Spill something?  Grab a wipe.  Need to clean your hands?  Grab a wipe.  It's a cheap and easy thing to have on hand. 

5.  Blanket - I love a comfy blanket.  It's such a comfort thing to have your own blanket during travel and at your destination.  Is it necessary?  No.  Is it worth it?  To me it is.  But I'm spoiled!  :) 


So, there you have it - the 5 random things I always take on trips with us - what is something that you don't leave home without? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Library Lady Life!

As many of you know, I am a Library Lady and very proud of that fact! This blog has evolved several times over the years as I have g...