Friday, October 26, 2018

6 alternatives to jeans




Confession:  I hate jeans.  I've never been a big fan, but I've continued to keep them in my wardrobe because I felt like they are a staple.  The problem with that is that when I'm lazy, or it's raining, or I happen to forget how uncomfortable they are, I wear them.  And then I end up feeling very aware of my clothes all day.  

Like today.  



I was uncomfortable ALL day.  Maybe I got spoiled with the elastic waistbands of maternity pants.  Maybe I need a bigger size.  Or a different brand.  But I've tried a LOT of different jeans, and while some are better than others, they are never my go-to wardrobe choice.  They just are not comfortable to me.  

So whether you are with me and hate jeans, or you just want to find alternatives to jeans in order to expand your wardrobe, I've found 6 alternatives to jeans.  
  1. Wide leg casual pants: This choice is a great one in the warmer months - especially if you can find something with linen like this pant.  I like that you can get it in navy (a great alternative to jeans) but also in other colors such as khaki, olive, and black!  
  2. Fitted pants: As an alternative to skinny jeans, a fitted pant is something that can be easily dressed up - the best part?  You don't have to stick to blue - this pant comes in SO many colors - including polka dot (my favorite!) and other subtle patterns.  
  3. Wide leg flowy pants:  Want a fashionable alternative to jeans?  Check out these vintage styled high waist, wide leg pants!  So cute!  
  4. Skirt:  Of course one alternative to jeans is a skirt.  This skirt is a great one that comes in a variety of colors and patterns!  And?  It has POCKETS!!!!
  5. Leggings:  Leggings have become very popular in the last few years, and for good reason - they are super comfortable!!  I most like to wear leggings under dresses and skirts in the cold weather months, but with a tunic or long shirt, they are a great alternative to jeans by themselves!  These leggings come in a lot of colors to match anything and everything! 
  6. Sweatpants/Joggers:  For times you want to be very casual, a structured jogger gives comfort and looks somewhat pulled together.  This pair comes in several colors and is MUCH softer than jeans!  
So here are some options other than jeans - if you had to replace jeans with one of these options, which would you choose and why?  

(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.) 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Library Lady Life!

As many of you know, I am a Library Lady and very proud of that fact! This blog has evolved several times over the years as I have g...