Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Life List


It's Wednesday.  Hump Day.  The day that once we are through it we are more than halfway to the weekend.   Working 5 days to enjoy the 2 days of the weekend.  That is how most people live, but is that what you dreamed of when you were a kid and wanted so desperately to "grow up"?  I doubt it.

I don't remember much about what I envisioned of my life when I was a kid, but I know what I want my life to look like now.  However, laundry and errands and 'stuff' just tends to get in the way sometimes.  Especially if you don't have a plan!

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!” ~ Benjamin Franklin

Enter the Life List - things you want to do or experience in your life.  For most people (myself included), this list is full of exciting travel and big dreams  But what about the small stuff?  How do you want to spend your days?  If you don't think about it, your days can easily be sucked up by surfing the net, binge-watching Netflix, and going to bed too late.  None of those things are bad, but if you just mindlessly move through your days, you will find that the days are gone and you may not have spent them doing the things you love.

I started this on a small scale with my 40 Before 40 List.  (Also, if you must know, I got antsy and started a 50 before 50 list!)

But I'm starting to be challenged to think about my EVERYDAY life - my day in, day out.
Do I want to spend them with my face glued to my phone?  No!  But that is the path of least resistance, so in order to avoid that, I need to make a plan!

Here are some of the things that I'm thinking about:

  • Have a weekly family game night 
  • Host a monthly dinner party 
  • Go on more date nights with my hubby!
  • Have one technology-free day - per week?  per month?  
  • Get outside more!
  • Have a family fun day adventure once a month
  • Read every day! 
  • Do a random act of kindness once a month (if it is planned, is it still considered random?) 
What activities would be on your list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Library Lady Life!

As many of you know, I am a Library Lady and very proud of that fact! This blog has evolved several times over the years as I have g...