Sunday, November 1, 2015

40 before 40

So on my next birthday (in January), I will be 37.  37???!?!  Somehow that number seems a lot older than 36.  A lot closer to 40.  It's so funny how I still feel every bit of 25 on the inside even as my age goes up each year.



As I thought about how close I am to getting to that BIG milestone of a birthday, I thought I would make a list of 40 things I want to do before turning 40.  I would love to travel the world before I'm 40, but that's not likely to happen in the next 3 years, so I tried to set my goals a little lower and a little closer to home.  :)

So, here they are, in no particular order:

  1. Go on a zip line 
  2. Go on a cruise
  3. Read the entire Bible 
  4. Donate hair 
  5. Give blood
  6. Sing karaoke 
  7. See the sun rise and set over the ocean in the same day
  8. Go on a romantic getaway (with Carlos - just to clarify)
  9. Read 40 books
  10. Own my own business 
  11. Go to DragonCon in Atlanta
  12. Swim with dolphins
  13. See The Nutcracker Suite live
  14. Be able to plank for one minute
  15. Get a professional massage
  16. Ride in a hot air balloon
  17. Ride in a horse and carriage
  18. Sleep in a yurt
  19. Attend my 20 year high school reunion (eek!)
  20. Stay at a Disney resort  
  21. Build a sand castle
  22. Fly a kite
  23. Take a zumba class
  24. Spend a whole day at a spa
  25. Go to the Georgia Aquarium
  26. Complete 40 random acts of kindness
  27. Get at least one Stitch Fix
  28. Build a book Christmas tree display
  29. Feed ducks with the kids
  30. Finish all unfinished scrapbooks
  31. Watch all the Star Wars movies (while staying awake)
  32. Put together a 1,000 piece puzzle
  33. Ride the Atlanta skywheel
  34. Have a walk-in closet
  35. Watch every Disney movie
  36. See a Broadway show 
  37. Own a pair of Tieks ballet shoes
  38. Have a mini Modcloth shopping spree
  39. Go to a drive-in movie
  40. Stay consistent with blogging - write at least once a week!

Stay tuned for updates on each item on the list!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Library Lady Life!

As many of you know, I am a Library Lady and very proud of that fact! This blog has evolved several times over the years as I have g...