Friday, January 1, 2021

Word of the Year for 2021

 So 2020 . .  that was quite a year, wasn't it?  My word of the year for last year was Gratitude.  And it ended up being a great word for the craziness that was.  I chose to look at all of the obstacles through a lens of gratitude and it helped me get through some of the hard days.  

For 2021 I decided to choose the word Grounded.  The definition of the word grounded is: mentally and emotional stable, sensible, realistic, strong connection to who you are. (and I will add to WHERE you are).  I have a tendency to be so wrapped up in dreams, ideas, and plans, that sometimes I can just float away from reality all together.  I want to learn how to dream while keeping my feet on the ground.  

I want to be grounded in Christ, in love, in reality, in my body, and in who I am.  

Now, what is pretty funny about this is that there is a maxim that I have HATED with all of my being for my entire life that ties in pretty well with this word - 

Bloom where you are planted.  

I still hate it.  But I want to live it this year.  Gratitude has brought me a deeper appreciation of the life that I have - in 2021 I want to grow in that gratitude and put more of my focus on the things that are right in front of me.  

I want to water my roots, nourish myself, and be connected to those around me. I want to feed my soul by unplugging more, dancing more, praying more.  

I want to be grounded in God's Word - I would like to memorize 21 Bible verses in 2021, and these are the 2 I will start with:  

Ephesians 3:17-18 - I pray that you, being rooted and firmly established in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the length and width, height and depth of God's love.   
Colossians 2:6-7 - Therefore, as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, overflowing with gratitude.

Also, while I never will get to the point where I will be considered 'athletic,' I want a better connection to my body. I did a bit of pilates last year with The Balanced Life youtube videos.  I plan on trying to do more of that, and also doing some zumba and checking out Lazy Dancer Tips.  

I don't know if I will get there, but here's to the effort!!!  

Did you choose a word for 2020 or 2021?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Library Lady Life!

As many of you know, I am a Library Lady and very proud of that fact! This blog has evolved several times over the years as I have g...