Monday, September 9, 2019

Dressing as Maleficent

It is officially spooky season - the time when villains are celebrated and costumes are planned!  🎃

There is no villain quite like Maleficent, and with the release of Maleficent: Mistress of Evil on October 18th, it's the perfect time to create a Maleficent Disneybound!  You can wear it to a Halloween party, Mickey's Not So Scary Party at Walt Disney World, or just to see the movie when it comes out!   



This black dress from Amazon is the perfect base for a Dapperbound as Maleficent (and can be used for a number of other characters as well - It's on my wishlist!) 


A Malcomodes petticoat is the perfect pop of purple for Maleficent (say that 5 times fast!)  Malcomodes petticoats are the best out there - they are soft, comfortable to wear, and made right here in the USA.  


Heels are great and all, but in my opinion ballet flats are the perfect shoe!  I love my Rothy's, and I think the Point in black would be perfect for this outfit!  



No Halloween look is complete without the perfect makeup!  This Maleficent lipstick from Besame Cosmetics is a recreation of her actual lip color in the 1959 animated Sleeping beauty.  


You also need the perfect green eyeshadow to pull off Maleficent, and this eyeshadow palette from Besame not only gives you the perfect shades but also tells you how to create the look!  


There are a ton of options for ears for Maleficent, but these are my favorite - they are from DisneyEars4Me and you can get them here!


If you are looking for a more of a costume look, you can get the horns here and there will be no question who you are dressed as!  


For some people, no outfit is complete without a Loungefly mini backpack!  I have admired them from afar, but I don't have one (yet!) - the Maleficent one is so awesome though!



And finally, jewelry - Extras by O has amazing disneybounding necklaces, and her Maleficent necklace would be so perfect with this dress!  


So that's it, my dream Maleficent outfit!  If you put together a Maleficent-inspired outfit or costume, please tag @libraryladylife so I can see it - especially if you grab any of these items!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Library Lady Life!

As many of you know, I am a Library Lady and very proud of that fact! This blog has evolved several times over the years as I have g...