Friday, December 1, 2017

Book Review: Same Kind of Different as Me

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.



I have to admit - I kind of missed the hype about this book and the movie until a coworker told me how good it was.  So I got the book to read it myself.  I'm trying to read a bit more nonfiction, and I love memoirs, so I was excited to read this book.

I will say, it did not disappoint!  I talked about it a bit while I was reading it here, and there are just so many things I liked about the book.  First of all, I love hearing people's stories - and hearing Denver's story as a sharecropper opened my eyes to a side of history I hadn't seen before.  I also liked the format of the book, alternating between Denver and Ron's perspective of their story.  Hearing the story in their own "voice" added to the ability to really get to know each of them.  I loved that the book included pictures of them, both from scenes told in the book, and updated photos past where the story ends in the book.  

I would recommend this book to anyone - particularly to someone who likes memoirs or historical books.

To see more of what I'm reading and recommend - check out my Amazon list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Library Lady Life!

As many of you know, I am a Library Lady and very proud of that fact! This blog has evolved several times over the years as I have g...