Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sensory bottle - FAIL!

So I got this great idea from Pinterest (of course) to make a sensory bottle from an old plastic bottle.  I got my bottle and supplies all ready . . . 

I decided to mix oil and water for a "lava lamp" effect.  I randomly decided on a 50-50 mix of water to oil.  


Then I had a few sequins and buttons that I dropped into the bottle for further effect.  


Looks good, right?  Nope - major fail. 


#1 -  I used a 20 ounce Diet Coke bottle.  And it was too heavy - Castiel just couldn't hold it to play with it.  I really need the mini juice or water bottles.  
#2 -  I don't think a 50-50 mix was the right choice.  I'm not sure which I should have had more of. (Any input would be much appreciated!)  :)  
#3 -  It just didn't turn out the way it did in my head -- or the way it did in those Pinterest pictures!  I may try this again, but since Castiel likes NOISE, I think I'll try a dry bean bottle next.  :)

In other Pinterest fail news, I saw the idea to make colored ice cubes with food coloring for baby to 'chase' and play with in the bathtub.  Well, I realized I didn't want food coloring at bathtime, but I thought it would be a great idea to play with in a water bin outside!  So I painstakingly made the ice cubes, but when I popped them out of the tray to put in a plastic bag for playtime later, I got food coloring dye ALL OVER MY HANDS and it did not wash off.  I guess I just didn't realize that food coloring would dye skin like that.  Needless to say, I don't want my precious baby's skin dyed all kinds of colors, so the beautifully colored ice cubes went down the drain!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Library Lady Life!

As many of you know, I am a Library Lady and very proud of that fact! This blog has evolved several times over the years as I have g...