Sunday, June 3, 2012

Baby Food Variety

I was thinking the other day of all the foods that Castiel has eaten in the past 6 months since he started solid foods.  One of the reasons I am so glad I have made his baby food (and still continue to make his food from whole food ingredients) is the fact that he can have such a variety of foods not available in the jar baby food aisle.  Here is a list of all the foods Castiel has had so far:

pears
apples
bananas
mango
pineapple
kiwi
strawberries
blueberries
prunes
avocados
kidney beans
black beans
garbanzo beans
northern beans
brown rice
oatmeal
yuca
plantains
white potatoes
sweet potatoes
green beans
peas
carrots
cauliflower
butternut squash
pumpkin
eggs (cooked scrambled)
organic whole milk yogurt (he likes it plain!)
tilapia (this is our most recent addition to his diet - he actually liked it after the shock of the initial bite!)

I do not want Castiel to be a picky eater, so I'm trying to introduce as many foods as early as I can.  So far, there isn't anything he won't eat; although he doesn't love green foods (peas, green beans, avocado) for some reason, but will eat them when mixed with something else!

My next foods to try?  Cottage cheese, beets, watermelon, and cranberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Library Lady Life!

As many of you know, I am a Library Lady and very proud of that fact! This blog has evolved several times over the years as I have g...