Tuesday, March 13, 2012

30 after 30

I have done a lot of cool stuff - really.  I traveled to Europe (by myself), staying in hostels and riding the train with my Europass.  I've met Harry Connick, Jr., and I've seen Davy Jones and Tom Jones in concert (not at the same time).  I got married in Vegas, and I was in a music video. (Okay, so it was for a Christian swing band, but it counts!)  I've accomplished a lot too - I was valedictorian of my high school class, got my Bachelor's degree in three years, have my Master's degree, and am a Nationally Board Certified teacher. (Okay, so I'm also a nerd).

Anyway, I have been in my thirties for a few years now, and I thought I'd compile a list of 30 things I want to do after 30 years of age.  And here it is:  
  1. Float in a hot-air balloon
  2. Drive Route 66
  3. Complete a corn maze
  4. Go on a cruise
  5. Swim with dolphins
  6. See a live production of The Nutcracker Suite
  7. Stomp on grapes a la I Love Lucy
  8. Go to Niagara Falls
  9. Go to Prague
  10. Take an overnight train trip
  11. Visit Graceland
  12. Go to a taping of "Jeopardy"
  13. Go to the top of the Empire State Building
  14. Get a jar of money from the Philadelphia Mint
  15. Eat at the Brown Derby
  16. Go to a winery in California
  17. Take a family vacation to Puerto Rico
  18. Eat Key Lime pie in Key West, Florida
  19. Watch the sunrise and sunset over the ocean on the same day
  20. Go to the lighting of the tree at Rockefeller Center in NYC
  21. Take a trip following the missionary journeys of Paul
  22. Get my Doctorate
  23. Go to London - ride the London Eye!
  24. Go to Charleston, South Carolina
  25. Stay at the Thunderbird Inn in Savannah, GA
  26. Become fluent in Spanish
  27. Sing karaoke
  28. See the Aurora Borealis
  29. Be completely debt-free
  30. Fly first-class

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Library Lady Life!

As many of you know, I am a Library Lady and very proud of that fact! This blog has evolved several times over the years as I have g...